Thank you for your interest in joining the team at QCH Foundation.
Position Title: Direct Response Strategist
Salary: This is a one-year part-time contract with salary offering between $35-$55/hour commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9, 2022.
Who we are:
Are you donor focused, self-driven, positive, and strive for success in everything you do? Then we invite you to apply to join our team as a Direct Response Strategist. The QCH Foundation strives to inspire our community to support Queensway Carleton Hospital. Located in Ottawa’s rapidly growing west-end we pride ourselves in being an Imagine Canada Accredited organization that embraces diversity and inclusion. This role is hybrid and provides an opportunity for you to work from home half time.
Reporting to the VP Philanthropy, the Direct Response Strategist will be responsible for providing strategic development, oversight and leadership in all areas of direct response fund raising, including, but not limited to, direct response appeals, monthly giving, and tribute and honorary donation programs. The Direct Response Strategist will assess existing Direct Response programs with a view to develop, implement, and grow an integrated multi-year fundraising plan.
The Direct Response Strategist will work closely with other members of the Fundraising team and liaise with other stakeholders both internally and externally to execute the annual plans.
1. Reviews and leads Direct Response program includes planning, development, writing, execution, and evaluation of a variety of mail and email Annual appeals in order to achieve financial targets.
2. Provides a sustainable prospect pipeline for transition of Annual Program donors to alternate mid-level or leadership gift programs and facilitates re-entry of Leadership Gift donors back to Annual Programs in a timely manner.
3. Establishes financial goals, metrics and measures for all annual giving programs in order to achieve fundraising targets.
4. Leads the creative development and design of all direct response appeals and delivers all collateral materials as required to both internal and external suppliers. 5. Applies appropriate innovations within direct response fundraising by adjusting strategies and tactics 6. Ensures that all direct response program initiatives comply with national and provincial regulations including, but not limited to PIPEDA, CRA, Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code and AFP’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
7. Collaborates with the team to develop and integrate all fundraising messages associated with the annual plan, including impact reports, newsletters, donor proposals, case for support, and annual report.
8. Ensures a stewardship plan appropriate to Direct Response and Monthly Donors program is in place and can be executed in a timely manner.
9. Works with suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness of program and identifies areas for cost savings.
10. Develop and implement an effective acquisition and reactivation strategy, cultivation and upgrade program to build donor loyalty and donor retention.
11. Monitor and evaluate the success of appeals to provide essential feedback to senior leadership on effective strategy for future mailings.
12. Ensures that all language is inclusive and reflective of the community that is served by Queensway Carleton Hospital.
13. Creates an annual budget for the production and execution of annual portfolio and monitors regularly to fiscal responsibility.
14. Ensure successful production, solicitation, stewardship and analytics for all appeals.
15. Develops criteria for the Data team for queries and data extraction for mailings and strategic planning. Coordinate with data team to ensure best practices and procedures are implemented and followed so that high quality data is available to execute annual plans.
16. Proactively keeps up with industry trends and best practices in direct response and annual giving to appropriately identify new and innovative opportunities to enhance and grow the program.
Education: Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma (example: Public Relations, Fundraising, Entrepreneurship, Business), CFRE designation preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
Sound Knowledge of the principles and practices of fundraising techniques and CRA guidelines.
• University degree, post-secondary diploma in Marketing/Fundraising or relevant combination of education and/or experience working in the not-for-profit sector; CFRE Designation is an asset
• A minimum of five (5) years direct response fundraising experience with preferably three (3) years of experience managing direct response programs within the charitable sector or a non-governmental organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with direct response fundraising
• Proven record of achievement managing and implementing an integrated direct response program
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English required, including the ability to communicate for direct response purposes and communicate complex issues in a way that is concise, professional, and easily understood
• Demonstrated and excellent writing, editorial, and overall communications skills
• Excellent analytical and strategic management skills; high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated budget management skills
• Superior public relations skills with experience working directly with donors
• Proven capacity to work in a self-directed manner as well as demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers
• Collaborate with colleagues with integrity and in a respectful manner to foster and strengthen relationships and maintain a healthy, inclusive work environment.
• Committed to the goals and vision of the Foundation.
• Operates within culture and core values of the organization.
About QCH Foundation:
Queensway Carleton Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work
environment for everyone. Together, with the incredible support from our community, we
are enabling excellence in patient care and innovation in healthcare at Queensway Carleton
QCH Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing purposeful work
in a donor-centred environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment in a framework of respect, inclusivity and diversity