January 8, 2015
Ottawa City Councillors Jan Harder and Rick Chiarelli have initiated a grassroots campaign to raise funds for Queensway Carleton Hospital’s Acute Care of the Elderly (ACE) Unit.
Ottawa West Councillors (Former Nepean, Kanata) have joined in the launch of this one year campaign, including:
- Jan Harder – Ward 3 Barrhaven
- Rick Chiarelli – Ward 8 College
- Allan Hubley – Ward 23 Kanata South
- Marianne Wilkinson – Ward 4 Kanata North
- Shad Qadri – Ward 6 Stittsville
- Keith Egli – Ward 9 Knoxdale – Merivale
- Eli El-Chantiry – Ward 5 West-Carleton-March
- Mark Taylor – Ward 7 Bay
The Councillors’ campaign aims to raise $1.5 million from the community, or $30 per (former) Nepean household towards a new 34 bed unit that specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of frail elderly patients.
The ACE AMBASSADOR campaign is to raise $1.5 million from the community, and will run for a year, with the aim of completing the new unit in two years (2016).