About Queensway Carleton Hospital
Serving a growing population of over 400,000 in west Ottawa and the Ottawa Valley, Queensway Carleton Hospital (QCH) commits itself to the highest standard of patient care. Through hospital expansion, innovation, staff training, and the acquisition and implementation of new technology and equipment, QCH continuously strives to meet the ever-changing healthcare needs of the community.
Examples of how these needs are met are:
* New and expanded Diagnostic Imaging facilities with state of the art equipment
* NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders) designation and Geriatric Day Hospital to meet the special needs of our aging population
* 24 bed Mental Health Unit and a Mental Health Outpatient Program
* Childbirth Program (over 2,500 births per year)
* Expanded Emergency and ICU Departments (QCH has the busiest Emergency Department in Eastern Ontario with over 73,000 patients annually)
* New Rehabilitation and Ambulatory Care Centres
* Irving Greenberg Family Cancer Centre
We will be the hospital of choice, recognized for our exemplary patient care, people and performance in an environment of innovation and strategic partnerships.
As a patient and family centred hospital:
- We provide a broad range of acute care services to the people of Ottawa and the surrounding region.
- We respond to the needs of our patients and families through our commitment to exemplary performance, accountability and compassion.
- We partner with other health care and community service organizations to ensure coordinated and integrated care.
- We actively promote a learning environment in which our staff, physicians, students and volunteers are progressive and responsive.
- We are an active teaching partner with colleges, universities and other healthcare programs.
QCH Cornerstone Programs are:
– Emergency Services
– Medical Services
– Surgical Services
– Geriatric Services
– Acute Rehabilitation Services
– Childbirth Services
– Mental Health Services